Despite the sad end to the trip, Malaga was really nice! The weather was cloudy and damp, but it was still nice to be in warmer temperatures (72ish) and by the water. The coolest site in Malaga was the Alcazaba, an 8th century Moorish fortification. It is built up a hill, in the middle of town, and had amazing views of the port and the higher parts of the Alcazaba itself. Foolishly, I wore heeled-boots, so the rock-paved, hilly path was a bit tough, but that is my own fault. Everywhere we turned up the hill was another interesting view of the structure-- very cool!




Outside of the Alcazaba is an old (2nd century!) Roman theater. Amazing! We're really hoping to get to Rome during this trip, to see more super-old stuff, but this was pretty neat by itself.


We also visited the Museo Picasso de Malaga, our third Picasso Museum over the last few years. Picasso was born in Malaga, and lived there as a child. The museum is based on donations of art belonging to Picasso's daughter-in-law and grandson, and has alot of art that I hadn't seen before and really enjoyed. The one thing I didn't like about the museum was its organization. I couldn't figure out any theme to how eveything was laid out, and especially after the chronological ordering and great descriptions at Barcelona's Picasso Museum, I would have liked some layout that made more sense to me. But the museum itself was a beautiful old building, and it has a unique and unknown collection of art. Certainly worth a visit!
We have our first visitors arriving this weekend: Steve's friend Matt (from work this summer) is briefly in town for Friday night, and then our good friend Drew arrives on Saturday. Drew will be here all week, so we'll have lots of adventures with him, I'm quite sure. It'll be great to see him!
Many things to look forward to...
2 comments:
finally, another post! Don't let school and travelling mar your blogging production. Keep having fun and we hope the pollo soup helps Shwekka get wella.
I love the pic of you from above! It should be framed in your house. :) So pretty...I miss you!
Post a Comment